How will you celebrate the solstice and all that extra daylight? Here are ideas.
- Light a bonfire: The solstice day was traditionally celebrated by dancing around the bonfires. Build the perfect fire every time with frame a fire.
- Go fishin': We love to get out on the water.
- Plant a seed or a tree: Traditionally, to the farmer, the solstice is the midpoint of the growing season, halfway between planting and harvesting, and an occasion for celebration.
- Cook outside: There's nothing as tasty as grilled food. Have a big cook-out on the solstice.
- Camp: Plan a camp-out to enjoy the great outdoors whether it's a tent in the backyard or a cabin in the woods! Don't forget the insect repellent to enjoy the outdoors in peace.
- Listen to songbirds: We love our feathered friends. .